infoXpert have introduced an easy way to create a PDF rendition of MS Office documents and images stored within the infoXpert eDRMS. The new Render to PDF has two key features:
1. View MS Office document as PDF
Enables a user to render an infoXpert document as a PDF document. Users can view the document without the need for the original Microsoft Office software installed on their workstation/device.
2. Generate PDF Version of existing MS Office documents within infoXpert
Enables a user to select an existing infoXpert document and save as a separate PDF document within infoXpert together with the original meta-data. Users can automatically generate and publish a PDF version of an existing document. Some examples/scenarios of Render to PDF:
- Distribute the PDF version of a MS Office document to an external person/organisation
- Publish document to your website in PDF format
- Archive document for long term preservation
Click here for more information on the Render to PDF features and supported document formats.
Availability & Pricing
Render to PDF will be available for installation shortly after the release of infoXpert eDRMS version 8.2.
The Render to PDF software licence will be available at no charge to infoXpert eDRMS customers with a valid support agreement. However, there is a small fee applicable for installation at customers without an infoXpert Managed Update Service Subscription.
Technical Requirements for Render to PDF
The core server pre-requisites for Render to PDF are:
- infoXpert eDRMS installed on a Windows 2008 or 2008R2 application server
- Microsoft Office 2010 installed the infoXpert eDRMS application server
The complete list of all server components required for Render to PDF will be released shortly. At this stage Render to PDF needs to be remotely installed by our technical services support due to the advanced configuration process with Microsoft Office and Windows permission settings on the application server.